Thursday, April 15, 2010

Empty Handed

Behind those eyes you lie to me.
I never saw your soul.
Behind those eyes you cry to me.
Your heart will pay the toll.
I gave you every part of me, a beauty no one's seen.
You gave me lies of bravery, you've never spread those wings.
Go back to where you came from, & I'll try hard to forget.
The fear you live in constantly, will be your last regret.
You wont know just how good it feels, to take that hopeful leap...
With faith in love, she catches you, that sweet sigh of relief.
Surprised to find a woman that can heal all your scars?
I loved you for a moment, but you held me back with bars.
I'm tired & I'm lonely, you would never wait for me.
Yes I'm leaving empty handed, but that's all you'll ever be.

-Fallen Angel-

You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray, I stood there loving you and wished them all away. Now you come away with a great little story, of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you. Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day. So just walk away, no use to fear the words that you will never say. Now that I'm sitting here thinking it through, I've never been anywhere as cold as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment